Friday, November 18, 2011

The Real Meaning of Ghetto

Apparently my kids are more talented than I even realized.

Today I was changing Nathan's diaper.  Aiden said, "Did Nathan pee?"  I was really focused on changing the diaper so I didn't give an immediate answer.

I am going to pause right here and give you a little insight about Aiden. 
You never ignore him. 
I mean, you can try, but then he is going to make sure that you can't.  You never even pause before answering him.  Because he thinks you are ignoring him.  He will say the same thing or ask you the same question over and over and over and over until you stop him in the middle of his continual talking to answer him.

So, today, when I didn't answer him right away he kept asking questions.  Finally he said, "Did Nathan ghetto?"  It was one of those moments when the record scratches and the music stops and you just look and say, "huh?" 
"Did Nathan ghetto?!"  Aiden yelled louder.
"You mean, did Nathan poop?"
"No!" Aiden was getting ticked now because I couldn't understand him.  "Did Nathan ghetto!"

"Did Nathan ghetto?"  I said puzzled.
"Yes!" Aiden said in such an annoyed tone.
"What are you talking about?  What do you mean, 'Did Nathan ghetto?'"
Then Aiden informed me of his new skill.  All this time I had never realized that I had a little Webster dictionary on my hands. 
"Ghetto is when you poop really hard in your diaper."

Well, now you know what the word "Ghetto" really means. 
You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment