Friday, November 4, 2011

Here We Are

We have officially moved to Alabaster, Alabama as of Sunday.

Life has been so crazy and busy in this last week that I hardly know where to start.
A week ago today I took the boys to our house in Nicholasville, Kentucky for what may have been the last time. I let them run around and play for about an hour in our empty house. It was so incredibly sad for me. I went room by room and was flooded with memories of each of the boys. Many hours of wrestling and crafting and sleeping and playing. I love that house. As we pulled out of the driveway Noah and Aiden just yelled, "Bye Bye House!" and that was that.

Now here I am standing in the kitchen of our rental house until we can sell our home in Kentucky and find a place here. The boys are adjusting pretty well for the most part. Every once in a while Noah or Aiden will get very sad and talk about how much they miss Kentucky, our old house, their grandparents, their school. We have to remind them, and ourselves, that God has an awesome plan in store for us here in Alabama. There are a lot of cool things we can do here, too. Our new trampoline for example.

I am looking forward to getting settled in, although I am not sure how long that is going to take. So far the people have been amazing, and we love our new church home. We are excited to see what God has in store for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment