Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Nathan's First Trip to the ER

It was bound to happen at some point.  
Probably sooner rather than later.  
Especially with 3 older brothers.
Yep, Nathan made his first trip to the ER last night for stitches.  
Asa whacked him on the head with a toy gun.

I was in the kitchen making a nutritious dinner.  
Kenneth was talking to me.  
The boys were playing in the next room.

Suddenly...."MOOOOM!!!!  DADDYYYY!!!"
from both Noah and Aiden.
Not good.
Nathan crying.
Really not good.
Kenneth yells, "Boys!  I am talking to your mother."
(Kids screaming, crying and fighting really doesn't phase us anymore.)
"But Daddy!  Nathan has black on his face!"
Oh goodness.

I poked my head around the corner and saw Nathan gushing blood from over his eye.  So much and so dark it looked black.  Asa took off running to hide.  Then there were a series of inevitable "I didn't do it!  It was Asa!  I promise!" from both Noah and Aiden.

"What happened?"
Noah, "I don't know.  I just heard a big crack and then saw Asa holding a gun by Nathan's head."
Let me pause right here and admit that that last sentence sounds reaallllly bad out of context. 
At least they are ages 4, 2 and 1.  Not 24, 22 and 21, right?

We cleaned up the blood and Kenneth rushed Nathan to the hospital.
They didn't even put a stitch on his head. 
Our instructions are to cover it with a bandage three times a day and put polysporin on it.  
Right.  
Have you ever tried that on a 13 month old?!  Don't.  It's torture.
I am going to just go ahead and say right now that the kid is going to have a scar.
At least he is a boy and will probably think it is cool.
He will probably tell his friends that that is where his brother hit him with a gun.  
And he won't add that it was plastic.

The assailant.


 The weapon.



 The helpless victim. 


Exhibit A.



The teddy bear Nathan  from the ER room.  He kept calling it "baby."  How sweet is that?

Just another day with those Bruce boys.


2 comments:

  1. love the post... stereotypical though... ;-) assailant - black kid... weapon a gun. I'm sure he held it sideways like a gangsta and of course the little white boy as the victim. I'm surprised that Nancy Grace didn't have you all on. hahaha... btw... "you sure do have your hands full with those 2." hahahaha. that was great.

    Your boys are truly a blessing. Enjoy the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oy vey. You're a tough Momma.

    Ps. That bear should be thrown away, it's creepy as all get out.

    ReplyDelete