Thursday, January 26, 2012

It's Potty Time...Maybe

In the last week Asa has told us a few times
that he needed to potty.  
I would normally be pretty thankful, but it has left me frustrated.
Now that I know he knows when he is about to potty,
it just frustrates me that he won't tell me consistently. 
So he knows, and he knows what to do, but he just won't. 
Except maybe once per day. 
Maybe.
And if I tell him that he needs to sit on the potty he just screams and kicks and hits me. 
Fun times.
I know that I am terrible because I just keep thinking,
"Well, now that you know, can we just do this so that I don't have to buy diapers all the time? 
And I am sick of smelling your poo.  K.  Thanks."  
So selfish.
I don't want to turn the potty into a battleground.
I fight plenty of battles each day,
and I refuse to engage in one over the toilet.
But, oh, how wonderful it would be to have only one in diapers.
I'm going to go daydream about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment