Sunday, June 2, 2013

Summa Time!

It's officially summer around here.
For most families it means more time together, swimming at the pool, dinner off the grill, vacations, ice cream, fishing, you name it.
For us it simply means more nakedness.

Seriously.
I am pretty sure that I have had to say the following at least five times each day, to various children: "What in the world?!  Why are you naked, again?!  Put your clothes back on.  Good grief." 
Apparently my children think we are running a nudist colony.
I can assure you, we are not.

At any given point in the day I probably have at least one child totally naked, or half-way there.  I have no idea why.  Why do boys think this is so hilarious?  Why do they think everything is better naked? 

Just this past week we had a play date at a friends house.  My friends and I were trying to do a Bible study while we let the kids play in the backyard.  I looked up and saw Asa 100% naked running around the yard. 
My inner dialogue, "Good thoughts...Good thoughts...You are right in the middle of Bible study...Figures...Well, this is sorta funny...No it isn't....Kind of, yes, it is....But he can't be doing this...We can't be stripping in front of girls, or at someone else's house....or ever....Ohmiword, what am I going to do with this kid!?"

Right now I am not appreciating the whole "naked and unashamed" thing (even though it kinda makes me giggle inside because it is hysterical seeing them run around all African-bush like).  Haven't we explained the story of Adam and Eve AFTER the fall enough?!  Fig leaves, man.  Fig leaves.  Modest is hottest.

I am praying these boys limit their nudist tendencies to our household, when no one else is around.  And that they quit running out the front door naked.  And that this trend is so-not-cool by the time they get to middle school.  We will have some serious problems otherwise.


So, cheers to summer. 
And cheers to privacy fences!



No comments:

Post a Comment