Thursday, January 17, 2013

So Much For That

My New Year's Resolution was...to blog more.
Considering that it is January 17 and I haven't done that yet, you can start to get an idea of why I never make New Year's resolutions.  They always end in epic failure.  I choose to be a slacker and not feel soo guilty about it.  :)

Recently I was collecting all of my facebook status updates from 2012.
{My kids are hilarious, btw.}
Because I am obviously terrible about keeping up with all that they say and do and the insane things that go on in our family, (you know, since I don't even blog on a regular basis despite my good intentions), I am just making a Shutterfly book that includes some pictures from the year along with all my status updates.  I did this for the first time in 2011, and I love looking at the book.  It makes me laugh and cringe at the same time, which is great.

As I was looking over the status updates I couldn't help but to feel like my cup runneth over.  God has blessed us.  Most days I feel like a crazy person and my dad has rightly nicknamed me "the zookeeper."  But, when I step back from the craziness, (carefully trying to avoid pee spots, and matchbox cars), I can't imagine my life any other way.  I wouldn't want it any other way.  After the mess is cleaned up, I find most of the shenanigans downright hilarious.

I have also decided that this year is going to be even better.  For those of you who aren't around Nathan a lot, he is HILARIOUS.  Everything he does cracks me up.  Everything.  Which is why he is going to turn into a terror one day.  So.hard.to.discipline!   He is our funniest kid and so many people don't realize that because he isn't a loud talker just yet.  He talks plenty, but is just now starting to talk only in complete sentences and initiating conversation.  He is picking up on tone and jokes.  This is going to be a good year for Nathan stories.  Stay tuned.

For now, I will leave you with a few random pictures.




Unfortunately some of the funniest I cannot post because he likes to run around the house naked with cowboy boots on.  Boys...

No comments:

Post a Comment