Thursday, September 13, 2012

An Ode to Asa


An Ode To Asa

The potty is the coolest place
I’m tellin ya, so you’ll you know
That if you would just poop in there
No tantrums would I throw

Why do you prefer your pants?
The kitchen floor or the yard?
And just yesterday the sandbox?
Child, is it really, seriously, this hard?

The underwear I always wash
They make my stomach churn
So we have tried everything,
Dear Child, when will you learn?

Just put your poop in the potty
Because that’s where it belongs you see
Now please repeat this simple phrase:
“The potty’s the place for me!”
“The potty’s the place for me!”

1 comment:

  1. My cousin is Cynthia Tobias Talley. Perhaps you have heard her on Focus on the Family. She has written a book called You Can't Make Me But I Can Be Persuaded. It is about raising stong-willed children, and she had two - twins. Anyway, here is a link to her blog about this very thing. http://applest.com/potty-training-a-strong-willed-child/ I'll try to catch you at church Sunday and give you one of her books she gave me to give to you. Right now we are in Atlanta where she is taping a TV show. (She lives in Washington.)

    ReplyDelete