Wednesday, August 8, 2012

What God Does

I don't even have the words to describe what I am about to attempt to post.  Know that much.

A while back I wrote a post about all the car troubles that we have been having.  It has been exhausting and expensive.  We have put nearly $2,300 in that car (in repairs) in the last year.

We began praying when this happened: Car Drama  ...and then this.  We prayed for the Lord's wisdom and provision.  We prayed for His perfect timing, even when we wanted it to be our timing.  We have been praying almost daily since April.  Within a few weeks of the first incident I began sensing that God was going to give us a free car.  A few weeks after that I confided in Kenneth, and to my amazement/encouragement he said that he felt the same way.

Now, I am going to be the first person to tell you that I don't go by feelings.  Rarely ever. One of my favorite quotes is, "Feelings will deceive you.  God's truth never will" by Sarah Bragg.  Lots of rich truth in that.  I tried repressing this feeling about a free car, but it just kept coming to my mind every time I prayed about it.  Still I was hesitant.  But then I thought, "You know what?  If God wants to give us a free car.  He totally can.  I wonder where this is going to come from.  Wonder what it is going to be?"  I felt so strongly about this that I even neglected to look at cars available.  I did agree to allow Kenneth to contact a wholesaler to begin looking for a good deal at the auctions.  Because, after all, my feeling could be wrong.

We waited and waited.  We never heard back from the wholesaler after the first few conversations.  I felt the Lord saying, "Just wait on Me."

....And then it happened.

Kenneth got a call a couple weeks ago from a man in our church (I don't even know this person).  He asked Kenneth if he would be interested in a car that his daughter and son-in-law were looking to get rid of.  Kenneth said he would be interested.  Then he said, "Well, they want to sell it to you for one dollar."

What?!

Okay, so maybe it wasn't free.  But seriously!?!  $1!!!!!!!!  FOR A CAR!!!!! That is free if you ask me!  (This is crazy, radical stuff, isn't it?)

Kenneth told me he just sat there and then finally told the guy that we have been praying for months about this.  And he simply said, "Well, consider your prayers answered."  Thank you, Lord.
Kenneth went to pick the car up last week.  It is a 2004 Chevy Trailblazer. 

I am reminded so much of James 1.  That whole  Count It All Joy thing (James 1:2-5), and now the whole "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change" thing (James 1:17).  If we had not gone through those trials we would have never experienced this good and perfect gift from God.  Had God not brought us through some exhausting and expensive stuff we would have never been able to experience Him in this way.  Sometimes I wonder if God just listens to our prayers and says to Himself, "Oh, you just watch what I am about to do.  Girl, you don't even know.  Juuuust watch.  I got this."  He must, right?!

Once again, He has proven to be our perfect provider, having the perfect timing.  And He indeed supplies ALL of our needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19).  Oh, how I praise Him!  Won't you praise Him with me?!  Look what He can do!



1 comment:

  1. Very cool story! I love when we can see God's miraculous provision in such tangible ways!

    ReplyDelete