Friday, July 20, 2012

Arr...Matey

Noah turned 5 on July 12.
5.
Holy smokes!
I can't believe I have a 5 year old.  And about to have another 5 year old, a 3 year old, and a 2 year old in just a couple of months!  So crazy.

So for the fifth birthday we had a pirate party.  Noah's birthday fell at the same time we decided to take a vacation and visit family in KY.  My parents were gracious enough to host the party.
I think they REALLY enjoyed it.  And by that I mean, they kinda went overboard.  In a good way, of course.  Mom got the decorations and made a pirate ship cake and pirate cake pops.  Dad planned a treasure hunt, mapped it out with clues and ended with real buried treasure!

...and the kicker?
Captain Jack came along!
Apparently my parents have a neighbor who dresses up like a pirate for kids' birthday parties.  How hilarious...and perfect.

Here are some pictures.
 The key to Captain Fatbelly's treasure: treasure map, clues and compass. 


 The cake table.  Ship cake and cake pops that my mom made.  She did a great job!


 Our motley crew before the treasure hunt.


 Noah leading the way.


 Captain Jack reading the clues to help Noah find Captain Fatbelly's treasure.


 Noah digging up his treasure.


Noah and his new friend, Captain Jack.


1 comment: